19 June 2008

The Other Boleyn Girl

Note: If you haven't seen the movie.. dont read this.. I don't want to ruin it for you!

If one lie can ruin a country... even a white lie can destroy a relationship.

I spent the first few hours of my 21st birthday watching "The Other Boleyn Girl" it was truly amazing and riveting. While watching this movie I was so very intrigued by the way Natalie Portman carried herself. She is an amazing actress and very convincing in her roles. I could really feel her emotion of being scared for losing her 2nd child and her pain in being queen, not satisfiying her king. I can only imagine how painful it was back during those times. To be so afraid of her husband (the king) that she felt the need to bare child with her brother (only to have both parties back out) was amazing to me. Sadly enough having her brother killed for her fears seemed far more extreme then she had ever planned.

If this had been a real documentary on actual events then I would be in awe of woman who came from something much smaller grew to take over a mans heart and in turn "changed the face of England forever" However ONLY through her manipulation, jealousy, anger and lust was she able to become the Queen. It wasn't because she was the right fit or that she had the purest of hearts. She knew what she had to do to get what she wanted.... and that she did. Granted what she wanted turned out to be the very life she had before the lies and manipulation.

I know that I am supposed to be feeling mad at Natalie Portmen for being the manipulative bitch that she was in the movie. I can't though, I just simply can't. I love her character and I love that she is so fucking sneaky. Fucking brilliant! Her mind is vast in deception and I wouldn't exactly say that I admire that, but she turns it into an art form. It is truly amazing that one woman can take over that much power over years.

OK.. its 4:27a... I am officially 21.. and I am OFFICIALLY tired... night night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I would love to hear what you think of this!!


Or email me directly at ashton@ashtonmiyako.com