23 February 2010

Spring Has Sprung & Tempers Flare


http://www.lowfares.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/springtime-in-san-francisco.jpg 
Spring is slowly creeping over San Francisco. Flowers are in bloom, trees are turning green with envy and my fellow San Franciscans are still being tormented by last year’s holiday cookie. That’s right, it seems to me that most people around here are looking for a new-year weight loss plan or are seeking to just move forward with their lives. Putting weight loss aside, I feel like the tone of San Francisco has taken a turn for the worst. More and more vehicle related accidents are happening every day, disgruntled homeless screaming at all hours of the night, people stabbing others over miscommunication and of course (my personal favorite) pedestrian’s kicking cars. I’ve seen this 3 times over the past couple of days and it amazes me how angry people are. 
http://www.hupandsteph.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/beavis-and-butt-head-fighting.jpgA simple and of course temporary solution to this ever growing problem: eat food, find some sun.
San Francisco has not been up to par with California’s stereotypical standards and I feel like that’s a big part of the angry community I find myself surrounded by. We all just need a little sunshine to get the endorphins running again, gets some much needed Vitamin D and that all over happy feeling of laying in the sun and relaxing for lunch.
EAT! I don’t care if you want to lose weight or not, people need to eat and they need to eat often. If we as humans, animals, insets.. etc. were not suppose to eat, then the world wouldn’t produce so many amazing things that nourish our bodies and bring us back to good health.  I cannot say that being a model has taught me any GOOD eating habits, but on the bright side it has taught me this: People need to snack OFTEN. It’s not an option. All of the “models” that I know have to eat every few hours or they become the meanest people to set foot on a runway. Don’t listen to what the t-shirt tells you, please people, “Feed the Models.”
For those of you thinking, “Duh Ashton, I eat a ton of food, which is exactly WHY I want to lose weight in the first place.” Well do not fret your little heads, just because you “eat a lot” doesn’t mean you are snacking or even eating the good things that your body needs. I will not even get into all the right things that your body HAS to have to survive. I will just tell you this simple tip: Put down your box of Pringles, say no to whipped cream on the white mocha and say yes to full glasses of water, trial mix, carrot sticks and fruit by the pound.
http://goosebury.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/people-eating-burger-750715.jpgDon’t get me wrong. I am usually stuffing skittles into my mouth by the handfuls while franticly searching for the chocolate that I forgot to pack. I’m not saying you have to give up what you love. But after you finish that bag of skittles, you should probably drink a huge glass of water. It will totally change your mood.
At the end of the day I just hope that everyone can chase the sunshine and eat some food. Go be happy, stop yelling at each other, get lots of sleep and let’s try to be friends. After all San Francisco is not all that big, we need all of the help that we can get.  Enough said. – Ashton Miyako

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I would love to hear what you think of this!!


Or email me directly at ashton@ashtonmiyako.com